The following documentation can be used as evidence to support applications

Living in a rural or remote area – Proof of address such as a utility bill or statement from your fuel supplier, council tax letter, lease/tenancy agreement, benefit award letter.

Over 75 – Proof of age such as a birth certificate, Passport or drivers license

Medical or disability benefit – relevant benefit letter, bank statement showing payment or DS1500 form. The letter or statement must be in date and show your name and address

Use of medical equipment – Letter from a medical body or occupational therapist. Photo evidence of equipment will be accepted when supplied along with corresponding benefit evidence.

Off Grid or use of alternative fuel – Bill or statement from alternative fuel supplier

Local authority or foster care leaver – evidence of pathway plan, correspondence from social worker or personal advisor

Scottish Child Benefit – relevant award letter or screenshot from bank statement, must show name and address


Photocopies, electronic documents, images, and screenshots are acceptable forms of evidence. Please do not send official documentation by post.